Finding Rehab Jobs
Rehab jobs offer a wealth of opportunities for established professionals as well as for those who are re-evaluating their career paths or just entering the workforce.
Take a look at our available rehab jobs in Los Angeles, California
What are Rehab Jobs?
The term “rehab jobs” can refer to a wide range of positions and careers in the addiction treatment field.
In general, rehab jobs help people whose lives have been disrupted by substance use disorders (which is the clinical term for addiction) and certain co-occurring mental health concerns.
Examples of common rehab jobs include therapists and counselors, rehab technicians, doctors and nurses, administrators, and administrative support personnel. We will discuss some of these positions in greater detail in the next section.
Types of Rehab Jobs
Quality addiction treatment centers rely on contributions from a variety of dedicated professionals. In this section, we’re going to take a closer look at three types of positions: rehab technicians, rehab nurses, and rehab directors.
Rehab Tech Jobs
Rehab techs are also often referred to as rehab technicians, behavioral health techs, and behavioral health technicians. In some circumstances, you may also see these types of rehab jobs described as psychiatric technicians or psychiatric techs.
Rehab techs provide a wide range of patient-support services, such as:
- Assisting patients as they complete paperwork
- Bringing medications to patients
- Supervising patients
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs
- Observing patient behaviors and documenting them for the clinical team
- Leading or assisting with recreational or leisure activities
- Modeling the communication, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills that patients are working to develop
- Ensuring that patients adhere to all relevant rules, policies, and procedures
- Helping to maintain a clean, safe, and organized treatment environment
Some rehab tech positions only require candidates to have a high school diploma or GED, which makes them ideal rehab jobs for individuals who are just beginning their careers in this field.
Rehab Nurse Jobs
Nurses play vital roles in rehab centers. Depending on the types of programming that a center offers, rehab jobs for nurses may include opportunities for the following professionals:
- Certified nursing assistants (CNAs)
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs)
- Registered nurses (RNs)
- Advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs)
- Nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Clinical nurse supervisors (CNSs)
Rehab job duties that may be performed by nurses include:
- Keeping patients safe and as comfortable as possible while they are in detox
- Administering prescription medications
- Providing basic medical services, such as minor wound care
- Educating patients about the disease of addiction
- Leading process and skills-development groups
- Maintaining clinical records
- Supervising other staff members
Rehab Director Jobs
Director-level rehab jobs are responsible for leading departments or entire organizations. Examples of rehab director jobs include:
- Facility director
- Program director
- Medical director
- Clinical director
- Nursing director
- Business development director
The professionals who hold these roles may have the responsibilities such as the following:
- Developing programming
- Establishing departmental and organizational goals
- Managing finances on a departmental or organizational basis
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff members
- Engaging with community leaders and area professional organizations
- Forming mutually beneficial relationships with referral sources
A bachelor’s degree is typically the minimum educational requirement for director jobs at drug rehab centers, though it is not uncommon for centers to require master’s degrees, certain licenses or certifications, and significant relevant experience.
How to Find Rehab Jobs Near Me
Now that we’ve addressed some of the opportunities and requirements that are associated with rehab jobs, it’s time to answer one of the most frequent questions people ask about this line of work: How do I find rehab jobs near me?
There is no single path to employment at a rehabilitation center – but there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of finding the right job in the right place. Here are four tips:
- Create profiles on LinkedIn, Monster, Indeed, and other job-related websites. If you already have a profile, make sure it is updated and best reflects your skills and qualifications.
- Connect online or in person with people who already work in the rehab field. They can give you invaluable insights into the job as well as the hiring process at their organization.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the field. The more you know about all aspects of rehab, the better prepared you will be to ace an interview.
- Be sure to read the final section in this post.
Benefits of Working a Job in the Rehabilitation Industry
Let’s be completely honest here: Rehab jobs aren’t necessarily easy. However, they can be incredibly rewarding.
At a rehab center, you will be serving patients during what may be one of the lowest points of their lives. As patients work to establish a foothold in recovery, they may be dealing with immense physical and emotional distress. This, in turn, can place considerable demands on the professionals who are caring for them.
The previous paragraph also highlights one of the most important benefits of rehab jobs: They provide you with the opportunity to do valuable work that has a direct positive benefit on people who truly need your help.
Other benefits of working a job in the rehabilitation field:
- Working with, supporting, and learning from highly skilled professionals.
- Gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
- Developing your capabilities, taking on new responsibilities, and advancing in your career.
- Playing an important role in an organization that is dedicated to saving lives.
If you see the value in taking on a challenging role that can enhance your skills, expand your horizons, and improve the lives of others, then a rehab job may be perfect for you.
Contact Sanctuary Treatment Center to Learn About Our Available Rehab Jobs
To learn more about rehab jobs and career opportunities at Sanctuary Treatment Center, please visit our careers site or call our facility directly. If we don’t currently have any open positions that align with your skills and preferences, we would be happy to keep your information on file for future opportunities.