FOOD + NUTRITION
Addiction can be triggered by the brains nutritional deficiencies that are often mistaken as cravings. Our Nutritional Advisor and Chef works directly with our clients, helping them gain an understanding of their cravings while fulfilling their nutritional needs with self-efficiency and confidence.
The Nutrition Program at SANCTUARY is an integrated part of our client’s clinical treatment. Our nutritional advisor works closely with the clinical treatment team supporting the mind/body/spirit exploration.
The compatible approach of our Certified Nutritional Advisor, works with our therapists to give our clients continued support through appealing and healthy comfort foods while addressing and satisfying their varying nutritional needs.
Healthy, easy to achieve meals and snacks are included in cooking lessons as part of the life management courses offered at Sanctuary that continue to influence positive results beyond the boundaries of traditional treatment.
Clients receive individualized coaching in honoring their body’s need for nutrition.
- Hydration is the first step followed by replenishing nutrition through food, which expedites healing and immerses the clients in positive patterns of well-being.
- Drinking water to replenish the brain with hydration and dull cravings for soda or alcohol is achieved with herb-infused waters.
- Replenishment is achieved through balanced meals and snacks that are nutrient specific energy sources from food that strengthen the body and brain in our Good2eat4U Nutrition Program.
Cravings are often misunderstood:
- Is low energy satisfied by candy when 2 servings of fruit aren’t fulfilled?
- Is a 10 AM slump brought on by a carbohydrate rich breakfast or no breakfast at all?
The life skills learned in our unique nutrition program and cooking classes create and enforce a gentle yet constant reminder that life is a series of choices.